Advantages of AR & VR in e-commerce
With the constant race of customer experience excellence and increasingly tough competition, online merchants usually overextend themselves. Feeling the pressure of stepping up their game, e-commerce brands are on the lookout for new ways to meet consumer demand and differentiate their businesses.
The challenge is augmented reality, which promises to reinvent online shopping for customers and encourage sales. As VR and AR approach, companies are taking advantage of AR-enabled opportunities and making AR an essential part of their strategy.
- Augmented Reality (AR): In the scientific field, it is known as a set of technologies that combine real and virtual images interactively and real-time. It allows adding virtual information to the factors that the user has within the real world.
- Virtual Reality (VR): Unlike AR, VR takes the user out of the real world as we know it, replacing it with a virtual world created by the computer as if it were a simulator or video game.
What differentiates them?
This element of the “real world” differentiates both technologies since AR does not replace physical reality but rather imposes virtual information by adding that information in the context of existing reality. For example, we are allowing an operator to see in real-time how to repair a machine step by step using virtual instructions or within the leisure sector. As is the case with Pokemon GO, a top-rated AR application that we all know is a pioneer in this technology type within the video game sector.
Virtual reality and augmented reality (AR and VR) offer available opportunities in B2B.
Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) are a growing trend focused primarily on delivering an inspiring and immersive customer experience. When B2B customers buy online, they are looking for direct, fast, and accurate experiences.
However, in B2B, there is an excellent opportunity for AR and VR technology: helping customers test and identify the correct products virtually and easily. It can be beneficial when it comes to purchasing custom parts and designs.
How Virtual Reality Changes Commerce
Virtual reality has the potential to change retail fundamentally. VR technology offers new opportunities for retailers to cope with online retailers like Amazon. The unique VR experience could be a critical touchpoint in the future, encouraging customers to buy in-store and in the respective online stores. This article can read what customers think of virtual reality applications, the potential associated with this innovative technology, and some current examples.
The potential of virtual reality in retail
The opportunities that occur when using VR for resellers go far beyond actual sale help. VR can help dealers both win new customers and increase sales. Especially in the early technology phase, distributors can differentiate themselves from the competition:
- Increase customer engagement and retention at all customer touchpoints and all customer life cycle stages, whether in purchasing, consulting, or service.
- Reduced sale uncertainties thanks to immersive visualization of complex products
- Acquisition of new target groups and markets through customer trips across the English Channel.
- Strengthening the brand
- Possibility of a higher return on investment
Using virtual reality with the customer at the center, VR can be very lucrative for businesses in the long run and attract future customers’ attention.
Advantages of Augmented Reality for E-Commerce
- Through augmented reality, online businesses can offer much more visual information to the user before purchasing. This enhances customer confidence in electronic Commerce and, especially, in the product they are buying and substantially improves the shopping experience by adding fun and entertainment.
- Generating a unique shopping experience for the user helps attract more customers and keep those who have already purchased it. Augmented reality represents an essential differentiation from the competition, increases the conversion rate and the browsing time of a user through our page.
- It fosters the relationship of the company with the client through, for example, the dissemination of the augmented reality service experience on social networks, something that the client understands as an added value; or through the reduction of product returns, since the customer has already been able to see and test it.
Conclusion: How Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Changes Commerce
Virtual reality applications are generally accepted in stationary retail, as virtual reality glasses are not used in customer living rooms. In this way, VR technologies offer fixed retailers the opportunity to attract customers’ attention and achieve a competitive advantage.
In the long run, Virtual Reality is also interesting for online retailers if it increases the use of VR glasses in its own four walls. As various examples have shown, the home computer shopping experience can be significantly improved with Virtual Reality; It remains to be seen whether customers will accept this option with VR glasses sales figures that are currently in decline.
The rise of smartphones has influenced the growth of augmented reality within the e-commerce environment. More and more users do not wait to get home and buy from their computer, but instead, make their purchases through their mobile devices quickly and efficiently.
A new world opens up to augmented reality through a smartphone camera, a webcam, or virtual reality glasses. Many companies have launched themselves before the opportunity, including E-businesses. Commerce is determined to offer its customers the best experiences thanks to augmented reality. Everything indicates that augmented reality will find more and more integrated into existing systems, creating new advertising forms.
Not everyone can develop these types of applications. As it is a new technology, superior knowledge is required. The most advisable thing for any company that wants to enter the world of apps should contact experienced professionals who can deliver viable solutions according to their objectives.